The OMHA is pleased to announce it has once again partnered with the Respect Group Inc. to provide an education tool that will further our commitment to fostering a safe and fun hockey environment for all participants.
The Respect in Sport Program for Parents is a unique, in-depth 1 hour online program geared to providing the parent with information on how to evaluate and understand:
- Parental influence over a child
- Coach and leader roles in sport
- Role of the parent and coach in ensuring a child’s enjoyment of a sport
- Protecting your child when outside of your immediate control
- Concussion awareness & Return to Play guidelines
- Long-Term Player Development (LTPD) model
Moving forward as leaders in the game, the OMHA will move to become a complete ‘Respect’ integrated association effective the 2014-2015 season.
Effective August 31, 2014, in addition to Team Officials, the OMHA will require all On-ice Volunteers, On-Ice Officials and Parents to take the appropriate ‘Respect’ education.
At least one parent or guardian of each player registered in minor hockey in the OMHA will need to complete the online Respect In Sport Parent Program as a condition of participation. The program is a proactive, educational program that empowers parents with the tools to ensure the game is enjoyable and respectful for themselves, their children and all other stakeholders in the game.